top of page





© 2023 by PE Cultural Exchange Services.

A.B.N. 193 2538 7235

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Youtube

Student Visas (Common Types)


There are various visas that you can apply for to study in Australia which depend on the type of study you choose to undertake.


Assessment levels are essential in understanding the student visa process. They can change according to the country of your passport and to the education sector of your main course of study.

500 Student Visa

The Student visa (subclass 500) allows you to remain in Australia for up to 5 years for the purpose of full-time study at an educational institution, in line with your enrolment.

With this visa you can:

  • take part in an eligible course of study

  • include your family members in your application (your partner or you and your partner's dependent child.

  • apply online in or outside Australia

  • work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts. * however, the student visa work hour cap increased from 40 hours to 48 hours per fortnight from 1 July 2023

Guardian Visa  590 Visa

If you're an international student planning to study in Australia, it's important to know about the Student Guardian visa (subclass 590). This visa is designed for parents, legal guardians or relatives who wish to accompany a student under 18 years old to Australia while they study. The visa holder will have to provide accommodation, welfare, and other support to the student during their stay in Australia.

To apply for the Student Guardian visa, you'll need to meet certain requirements, such as providing evidence of your relationship with the student, having enough money to support yourself and the student, and passing character and health requirements.

Temporary Gruadgate
  485 Visa

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution.

It lets you work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.​​


You might be eligible to apply for this visa if you:

- are younger than 50 years of age

- are in Australia

- hold an eligible visa

- meet the two-year Australian study requirement

- meet the English language requirement

- have recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL).

bottom of page