澳洲移民局助理局长Hon. Michaelia Cash在今年2月25日建立的独立议会，在457临时工作签证的复议中提出了22个建议，其中的摘要包括：
The independent panel established to review the Government’s subclass 457-visa program, established on 25 February 2014 by the Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, the Hon Michaela Cash, has just released its report titled Robust New Foundations.
· Risk profiling businesses by streaming applications by company turnover namely $4m, $1m and the remainder – whereby greater scrutiny is applied to companies with lower turnover.
· Increasing sponsorship term to 5 years with a simpler process for renewals.
· English Language Requirement should be somewhat eased, from a minimum of 5 across the four competencies (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to an average of 5.
· Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold should be retained at the current level until it is reviewed within two years.
· current training benchmarks be abolished, and that they be replaced by an annual training contribution that would be payable to government – as an example “Every year sponsors would pay a fixed amount, say, $400, for each 457 visa holder in their employ.
· Strengthen monitoring sanctions by various means including collaboration with the ATO and FWO.